Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fall 2011 TV Schedule

The Fall TV season is just days away, can you feel the excitement? I love the anticipation of a whole new season of shows; the optimism of how great everything is going to be before any of it actually disappoints you.

Here is what I plan on watching:

Tuesday 9/13
  • 9pm, CW- Ringer
This is going to be one of those shows that I will watch because nothing else is on at the same time. I like Sarah Michelle Gellar (or is it Prinze, didn't she officially change her name recently?) but, the premise really doesn't intrigue me. Since other shows I want to see are in the same time slot later on in the season I am only giving this one a single episode to reel me in.

Wednesday 9/14
  • 10pm, NBC- Up All Night
Another show that I will watch because it has no competition at the moment. I am not sure I will enjoy Will Arnett as anything but a douche but I love Maya Rudolph so I will give it a try.

Monday 9/19
  • 8pm, CBS- How I Met Your Mother
  • 9:30, CBS- 2 Broke Girls
  • 10pm, ???- CONFLICT!
This night is going to be the true test of life after DVR. In the past I have watched/DVRd Castle and Hawaii 5-0, both at 10pm, plus I really want to see The Playboy Club. I am hoping that The Playboy Club and Castle end up on Hulu Plus, and I will watch Hawaii 5-0 live. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Tuesday 9/20
  • 8pm, Fox- Glee
  • 9pm, Fox- New Girl
  • 10pm, ABC- Body of Proof
I am so excited about New Girl, I love Zooey Deschanel.  I started watching Body of Proof over the summer while in reruns and have really enjoyed it thus far so I am throwing it on my schedule for the fall.

Wednesday 9/21
  • 8pm, ABC- The Middle
  • 9pm, ABC- Modern Family
  • 10pm, ABC- Revenge
I am looking forward to this night, I love The Middle and Modern Family. The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my all time favorite stories, and Revenge's take on the archetype really piques my interest.

Thursday 9/22
  • 8pm, NBC- Community
  • 8:30pm, NBC- Parks and Recreation
  • 9pm, NBC- The Office
The first casualty of the Fall 2011 TV season for me is going to be The Big Bang Theory. CBS doesn't contribute to Hulu Plus and I much prefer Community, so I am going to have to give up on Sheldon, Penny and the rest. I'll have to wait for reruns. 

Sunday 9/25
  • 10pm, ABC- Pan Am
Another Mad Men knockoff, along with The Playboy Club, but what can I say? I am a sucker for these retro dramas and I am hoping good things for this one.

Monday 9/26
  • 8pm, Fox- Terra Nova
Please Fox, put this on Hulu Plus. I don't want to skip How I Met Your Mother for it, but I really think this show is going to be entertaining.

In putting this together I am really beginning to miss having the DVR. I liked that we weren't slaves to our TV and could watch our favorite shows when it suited us. Since this will be our first "live" season with Hulu Plus, I am really hoping that it surprises me with content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment